Saturday, July 20th, 2019
St. Frances Cabrini Church
9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Members of our Guild are receiving a very special price for this event.
If you are NOT CURRENTLY A MEMBER, consider joining our Guild.
You would receive the special price for this class PLUS receive all the benefits of membership in the American Sewing Guild for an entire year. Learn more HERE.
With over 28 years in the sewing industry, Eric Drexler has developed a wide spectrum of expertise. As a senior in High School in 1983, Eric started working in Joyce and Fred Drexler's Sewing Center as their sewing machine mechanic. Over the next 15 years, he went on to become a Teacher, Manager and Co-owner until the business was sold in 1998. For the last 13 years, he has been a full-time employee of Sulky of America during which time he has become more heavily focused on his creative side, while continuing to indulge his passion for sewing machine repair in the evenings and on weekends.
Eric loves life and he loves to teach and share his exuberance for creative sewing. He is passionate about inspiring students of all ages so they can discover and enjoy a lifetime of creative fun. His infectious smile and warm humor put everyone at ease and makes them ready and eager to learn. He is widely sought after to teach and share his contagious enthusiasm at Consumer shows, Sew Exciting Seminars, Guild Programs and, more recently, on PBS shows.
Eric will be presenting a lecture, Thread Jazz for Quilting and Embellishing, plus Needle and Thread Know-How, and a workshop, Simply Appliqué!
Thread Jazz for Quilting and Embellishing, plus Needle and Thread Know-How
This is a 1-1/2 hour lecture by Sulky Educator Eric Drexler featuring:
• Sulky: how it all began! • Needle Know – How: Why the right type/size needle is important
• Stabilizers: Which stabilizers to use for quilting
• Metallic Thread Magic: Tips and hints for success using Sulky Holoshimmer™, Sulky Sliver™, and Sulky Original Metallic Threads
• When to use Polyester thread: Sulky 12 wt and 30 wt Blendables® Thread
• Learn about Bobbin Thread: When and what type to use • Sulky’s Exciting Thread Options: Rayons, PolyDeco™, PolyLite™, Petites™, Cotton + Steel Thread by Sulky, and more!
Each attendee will receive a folder filled with information designed to help them use decorative threads successfully!
Introducing Sulky “No Satin Stitches Required” Simply Appliqué!
A popular use for decorative stitches today is appliqué! Simply Appliqué takes a dive into decorative stitching and the uniqueness that can be created when using different stitches to enhance a pattern! Add a variety of textural effects, depth, and visual appeal to all of your projects. Decorative stitches are tiny pieces of thread art that provide endless possibilities each and every time you use them!
Why this is so great:
• Learn about decorative stitching and how to achieve professional results.
• We have all the seasons covered! Pick your favorite! All four seasons have unique stitching opportunities for you to explore.
• Everything you need to complete the kit is included: - pattern diagram - all fabrics, even the binding - appliqué shapes - Sulky thread - batting - Sulky stabilizer - assembly instructions and tips
• Laser-cut kits with pre-fused fabrics make precise, crisp edges with no frays and no additional cutting.
• Expert instruction by Sulky educator Eric Drexler during the event. • Professional finished project without the extra hand work.
• A trunk show showcasing optional finishes to take your applique to the next level!
• Sulky partnered with the pros at Shabby Fabrics to develop these kits exclusively for us and for you. Shabby Fabrics are famous for their contemporary and colorful appliqué kits!
• If you register by June 15th you can select your kit when you register. Late registrations must select a kit at the event.
You do not need an embroidery machine for this class. Your machine must have decorative stitch features,